PULASKI COUNTY, Ark. -- Did you know that completing the free and reduced lunch application can get you (and your child's school) more than just a free meal?
Every year, the number of approved free and reduced lunch applications help public schools just like those in Pulaski County Special School District receive more than just reduced prices on meals. These applications determine funding that can support all PCSSD students. Here are just a few ways in which the FRLA program helps PCSSD students:
- School Funding - increased funding for schools to ensure students receive the support they need and deserve.
- College Application Fees - receive discounts on fees associated with applying for college.
- Academic Test Fees - receive discounts on fees associated with academics tests such as the ACT, SAT and Advanced Placement (AP).
- Athletics - receive discounts on fees associated with participating in athletic programs in the District.
- Technology - increased technology funds to improve Internet access, wireless and network services.
- Community Education - receive discount on fees associated with some Pulaski County community education courses.
If you have not already,please take a moment to complete the Free and Reduced Application for next year. The deadline for PCSSD to receive funding for the 2022-2023 is based on applications completed by October 1, 2021.
PCSSD will continue to offer free meals for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year as part of the USDA flexibility that allows school meal programs to serve meals through the National School Lunch Program Seamless Summer Option. More details can be found in a previous web story from April 2021 when the announcement first was issued.