PCSSD STATEMENT, ISSUED 3.12.20 | UPDATED 3.19.20 | UPDATED 4.6.20
|Per direction by the Governor of Arkansas, Pulaski County Special School District school buildings and central office will be closed until the end of the school year (May 28, 2020). The decision comes after the number of COVID-19 cases continues to rapidly increase across the nation.|
In a press conference, Governor Hutchinson closed schools in Arkansas for on-site instruction through the end of the school year. The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has extended all approved 2019-2020 Alternate Methods of Instruction (AMI) applications for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- March 13, March 16 - March 20: AMI days
- March 23 - March 27: Spring Break (district closed)
- March 30 - May 28: AMI days
- May 18 - May 29: technology, band and personal items will be collected from the school (details on this process TBD)
- Last assignments given - April 17
- Complete all assignments - May 1
- Final grades completed - May 15
KINDERGARTEN - 11TH GRADE DATES
- Last assignments given - May 8
- Enrichment period - May 11 - May 28
- Complete all assignments - May 15
- Final grades completed - June 12
NOTE: Students are required to participate in classes and submit assigned work in order to complete their courses. Students who received packets will drop them back off to their schools on May 15.